Lean Champion – Westfield Industries
Looking for a NEW Exciting Opportunity where you can be a Champion! When you work for Westfield Industries, the world’s leader in the manufacturing of grain handling equipment and accessories, you can expect the best for your career. Reporting directly to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Westfield has an immediate opening for a full time Lean Champion to lead and implement lean initiatives, verify effectiveness and ensure sustainability. Explore this exceptional opportunity now available at Westfield' fully vertically integrated facility where challenge and growth go hand-in-hand. Click here to view the Westfield Factory Video!
- Lead and Deploy Lean Manufacturing Initiatives to improve business KPIs.
- Coordinate Continuous Improvement (CI) ideas, and ensure timely completion of CI actions.
- Provide training for all employees on Lean concepts.
- Facilitate Kaizen events with cross-functional teams to address specific improvement needs.
- Propose any process improvements or capital investments needed to achieve world-class manufacturing.
- Provide support to all plant departments in the areas of Lean manufacturing.
- Weekly report-outs on Lean deployment progress to Senior Leadership Teams.
- Tour & Perform Lean assessments at other AGI Divisions (opportunities for travel)
- Participate in Cross-Divisional Lean events in Canada & US
- Continue to fine-tune our Lean Systems (Kanban, SMED, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical Discipline considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant Lean manufacturing and production experience.
- Hands-on approach in Lean implementation, Kaizen events, continuous improvement, safety and project coordination with a cross-functional team.
- Exceptional presentation skills with a meticulous attention to details.
- Proven track record of positive results and KPI improvements.
- A result-driven team player with all levels of the organization, suppliers, customers, and consultants.
- Self-motivated and able to stay focused while working independently.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. AutoCAD experience a definite plus.
- Must be able to travel to the United States
We offer VERY Competitive Compensation and Robust Benefits package including Health and Dental benefits, employer matched pension, professional development training and the opportunities for career advancement. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Come join a dynamic team to help develop this role and the many benefits Lean initiatives can provide this plant. We look forward to working with you!